Here is another rule from the Highway Code that is timely and useful about Driving in Snow and Ice.
Before you set off
- you MUST be able to see, so clear all snow and ice from all your windows
- you MUST ensure that lights are clean and number plates are clearly visible and legible
- make sure the mirrors are clear and the windows are demisted thoroughly
- remove all snow that might fall off into the path of other road users
- check your planned route is clear of delays and that no further snowfalls or severe weather are predicted.
Laws CUR reg 30, RVLR reg 23, VERA sect 43 & RV(DRM)R reg 11