Our instructors will follow industry best practice on PPE requirements on every lesson.
Our instructors will be following the check list below before every lesson.
- Consider whether you or they have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days or have been in contact with someone who has within the last 14 days.
- Before you collect the client text them and check if they have had any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days.
- Remind them to wash their hands immediately before leaving the house for their lesson. If they want to wear disposable gloves, to put them on just before getting into the car.
- Ask the client to wear clothing that covers as much of them as possible, including arms and legs.
- Arrange to meet by the vehicle to check the customers Temperature using a Non-Contact Forehead thermometer before the customer gets into the car. Are they well enough to start the lesson.
- Make sure then that they have washed their hands or have hand sanitizer ready for them.
- Explain that you have also just cleaned your hands.
- Explain you will not shake their hand share visual aids, pens etc.
- Explain that between lessons you have cleaned down door handles, car controls, keys etc.
- Explain that the windows will be down as much as possible during the lesson to allow for ventilation, and tell them to wrap up warm as it might be cooler in the car.
- Avoid using the air conditioning if possible however if it is used don’t set it to recirculate.
- Explain at this time that the clients parents, guardians or friends, will not be able to sit in on the lesson.
- Face Masks must be worn on lessons by both customer and instructor. This is in line with the legal requirement to wear face coverings on public transport and the World Health Organisation’s advice on wearing face mask in public.